Friday, January 23, 2009

The Boudoir Boutique was a Smashing Success!

Melinda Le' Photography Presents:
A Boudoir Boutique

The Queen Anne Hotel
San Francisco, CA
January 17, 2009

You may have remembered the Oakland fires some years ago. What does that have to do with our Boudoir Boutique, you may ask? Well, there was a man whose home was on fire and he ran back into his burning house to rescue the boudoir photos his wife had taken for him.

I thought I'd share this story because it perfectly reflects the incredible intimacy of this type of photo shoot and what a joy I experienced in creating this event for this amazing group of ladies.

Each one had their different reasons for taking their boudoir photos but their resounding reply of "I feel pretty...." was exactly what I set out to accomplish. I won't bore you with my contriversial feelings of women and their body images in this present day but I will say that having women of all colors, ages and sizes reply in like manner was truly empowering!

I was priviledged to work with an amazing staff, Tacha Scott of Dream Girl Makeup who did an AWESOME job on hair and makeup and my wonderful "a la assistant" Cathy Perez who dazzled our guests by hosting the event and giving the ladies the star treatment!

I was truly moved by everyone involved and only hope this will spark more Boudoir Boutique's in the near future!

Thank you ladies!!!!

001

002

003

004

005

006

007

008

009

010

011

012

013

014

015

016

And now our BEAUTIFUL ladies!

017

018

019

020

021

022

023

024

025

026

No comments: